What happens on the Welsh Coaching Weekend?
The Welsh coaching weekend, a favourite with bodyboarders from the north, the midlands and of course Wales is coming in to its seventh year. In 2016 the event has now evolved to include, a welcome meeting and goal setting, two coaching sessions on the Saturday, each of which is two hours long, photography of the riders in action, plus video analysis to help fast track improvements. There will then be a bar-b-q on Saturday straight after the bodyboarding session. On the Sunday there will be a long coaching session to continue improvements. There will then be the presentation of goodie bags and prizes to all participants.
We’ve moved the coaching weekend back a little so that we increase the likelihood of suitable sized swell. We’ve chosen a weekend that has low tides mid way through each of the days, which hugely increases the chances of us benefitting from the wedging waves that we love at Llangennith.
Who will be attending?
Journeying up from Newquay will be Rob Barber and his crack team of instructors. Assisted by the logistics and media team led by Aaron Parsons. As well as receiving the best bodyboard coaching available you will also benefit from awesome images and video of you on the waves.
Why is the Wales Weekend Unique?
Beaches, waves and camping are three of the best things to do over a weekend and we comprise all three in Wales. You can camp at the Hillend Campsite or stay at one of the local accommodation suppliers (like the Kings Head pub). It’s awesome to hang out with like-minded bodyboarders, share some waves, enjoy seeing each other improve and make the most of a really social weekend.
[multisite_events_list limit=”100″ tags=”wales-bodyboarding” embed=”true”]
How do I book?
The price for the weekend is £139 and this includes:
- Three separate in-water sessions, Saturday sessions are two hours long covering all aspects of bodyboarding you wish to focus upon. The Sunday session will be longer.
- Two of your in-water sessions will be filmed and these will be analyzed. This will include demonstrations and move-by-move breakdowns to help you conquer every aspect of the sport.
- Free use of equipment if required. We have a fantastic range of boards and fins for you to use, just let us know what you would like us to bring along.
- An optional meal on Saturday night, which will be a great time to chill out and exchange stories from the day.
- Q and A sessions about bodyboarding equipment, travel, safety, surf prediction and bodyboarding fitness.
- Photographs will be taken to review and help you to improve your riding. They will be available to buy at the end of the weekend.
- A goody bag packed full of Bodyboard-Depot treats to take away.
- The chance to win a brand new bodyboard (presented to the most improved rider).