Emerald Isle Bodyboard Instruction Holiday for all abilities | Un-crowded heaven!
Ability: All abilities welcome, from new bodyboarders to experienced shredders
“Ireland’s surf breaks are perfect for bodyboarding and it’s pretty heavenly to get in the water even when it’s ice cold. It’s truly God’s country. Long flowing green hills, constantly flowing Guinness, and big flowing barrels.” Jase Finlay, Professional Bodyboarder
We’re heading to the north west of Ireland at the best time of the year to ride empty waves.
Ireland’s perfect waves and numerous secret spots have gained page after page of media attention over the last few years. It’s earned a reputation as the cool water Indonesia thanks to its abundant swell and incredibly consistent wave set ups with zero crowds.
We’re heading to the surf town of Bundoran with its awesome beaches, reefs and wedges and a super laid-back Celtic vibe. Just along the coast only a short drive away are the famous breaks of Easkey and beyond. Our local guide is dialled in to all the local waves and we’ll make sure you score the best of them.
We’ve travelled to Bundoran many times before as the fantastic wave selection suits varied rider abilities. Our aim is to set you up for a week of awesome coaching and fun in the water, alongside experiencing the Irish “craic”. Whether you’re looking to increase the number of waves you catch, pull three-sixty’s or even hit the lip or ride a barrel, this trip is perfect for you.
The people you’ll meet on this trip are all feeding the same addiction for scoring waves, enjoying immense sunsets, travelling and improving their riding. So come along, we guarantee you’ll make new bodyboarding friends and contacts you’ll surf with in the future.
Partly protecting the UK’s west coast, Ireland absorbs the raw North Atlantic swell which roars east from tracking low pressures off the US east coast and hurtles down from the Arctic north. The breaks which stretch down the west coast of Ireland are perfectly set up for bodyboarders, with an incredible selection of waves; beaches, reefs and point breaks.
The setups of Ireland have long been known to the locals but it has only been over the last ten years that the wider bodyboarding population has discovered the Emerald Isle’s west coast, where long-period groundswell strikes the shallow strata and perfect sand banks in, it seems, a land that time forgot.
The water is cool, the air is fresh, but the Irish welcome is always warm. Every nook and cranny of the coastline yields new spots, some of which can even be offshore on prevailing south westerly’s due to the staggered and intricate shape of the coastline.
Ireland in autumn can experience all weather moods in one day, but generally there’s an abundance of swell that makes the coastline breaks totally light up. The waves are consistent and the clouds are low, so with a warm wetsuit and suitable clothing the un-crowded peaks are ours to enjoy.
You’ll be staying in a self-catered traditional coastal house with all the luxuries of home. Just a stone’s throw from the incredible consistent wedges of Tullan Strand, you can check Bundoran Peak and Main Beach while sitting in the lounge or kitchen. It’s the perfect spot to re-charge between sessions.
Rob Barber and his coaching team offer daily tuition tailored to your ability with coaches that are Surfing GB qualified and fully insured. Experienced lifeguards, some have twenty years of surfing experience and fifteen years of worldwide travel experience including British team coach, Rob Barber. Intermediate and advanced level coaching is tailored towards the individual.
You’ll never be thrown straight into the deep end. We’ve got your back whatever your ability, and that’s a promise. Don’t stress if you’re used to smaller waves or you’re a total novice – there’s something for everyone. In fact you’ll be amazed how quickly you master paddling out to catch good quality waves.
Beginner coaching includes:
- Oceanography class at the start of the week to understand breaks, rips and currents
- Bodyboarding safety, beach awareness and how to catch waves
- How to paddle out, gain speed, duck dive and wipe out safely
- Learning moves such as cutbacks, barrel rolls and three-sixty spins
- How to get the most from your equipment while having heaps of fun
In order to book, follow these steps.
1. Fill in the form on the right hand side of this page
2. You will then be emailed an information pack and a Frequently Asked Questions sheet.
3. Read the information and follow the instructions to contact us to pay.
4. Remember we have limited numbers on each trip so please book early for the best price.
5. If you want to hear what other bodyboarders have thought of the holidays, read our Trip Advisor reviews here.
6. Once you have paid you will receive an online enrolment form, when you have completed and returned this you will be confirmed on the trip.
You need to make your own travel arrangements to Ireland. There are many budget airlines, which offer cheap services to and from the UK and Ireland. We encourage our clients to fly to Belfast but we can be flexible. Check www.skyscanner.net for a good selection of flights to Belfast. Alternatively you can catch a ferry from Pembrokeshire, Holyhead or France for varying prices.
The house is self-catered so you can prepare your own meals, lunches and snacks. However, the local restaurants have some cracking menus on offer.
- 7 nights of accommodation
- Pick up and drop off at Belfast International Airport
- Surf guiding with the locals everyday to find the best waves to suit your ability
- Video & photo analysis to advance your riding
- Expert tuition tailored to your ability
- Good Times! With a great place to stay all you need to think about are the waves. Enjoy the beauty of Ireland, its peace and quiet and the incredible Irish way of life.
We offer kit hire for the week, this needs to be booked well in advance;
Pro standard Bodyboard Hire £8 per day
Swim fin hire £8 per day
Wetsuit hire £8 per day